You want your outreaches to be nothing short of miraculous? Eat, drink and sleep the Cross.
Paul only preached the Cross, because that is where the power is.
Why? Because of what the Cross does FOR us and IN us.
When we live and speak what the Cross has done for us it gives the Holy Spirit something to work with.
Reach out with power.
When I wake up in the morning I have two thoughts, connect with Jesus, and connect Jesus to people. Here is how I connect the Cross to people, I look for what the Cross can do for them. Let me show how that works.
This what the Cross does for us and how it applies in soul winning.
- Jesus was punished that I might be forgiven. (you meet a person racked with guilt)
- Jesus was wounded that I might be healed. (you meet a sick person)
- Jesus was made sin with my sinfulness that I might be made righteous with His righteousness. (you meet a person trying to be righteous)
- Jesus died my death that I might share His life. (you meet hopelessness)
- Jesus was made a curse that I might receive blessings (you meet someone always outgunned)
- Jesus endured my poverty that I might share His abundance. (you meet poverty, emotionally, phyiscally and spiritually)
- Jesus bore my shame that I might share His glory. (you meet the shamed, the abused)
- Jesus endured my rejection that I might have His acceptance. (you meet the rejected and unloved)
- My old man was crucified in Him that the new man might come to life in me. (you meet those in bondage)
Next I look for what the Cross can do IN them. This is so powerful in soul winning.
Whether we sin or do not sin, whether we have victory or defeat, depends on the measure in which we allow the cross to do it’s work in us.
When the Cross works in us we are:
- Delivered from this present evil age
- Delivered from the law
- Delivered from self
- Delvered from the flesh
- Delvered from the world
This is distinct from what Jesus has done for us. We will never be able to enjoy what was done for us unless we permit the Cross to work in us.
Have you ever met people that just seems stuck? The Cross is not at work in them.
Nearly all the problems that beset the church, both collectively and individually are due to the failure to let the Cross do its work in us.
Paul was more upset about this problem than he was about the Corinthian’s plain old fashion sin. You see working with sinners and their sin is much easier than working with church people and their customs and traditions.
Jesus administered a total, eternal irreversible defeat to Satan. The only thing Satan can do to this glorious fact is blind the eyes of the church.
Gal 3:1 Message
You crazy Galations! Did someone put a hex on you? Have you lost your senses? Something crazy has happened, for it’s obvious that you no longer have the crucified Jesus in clear focus IN your lives. His sacrifice on the Cross was certainly set before you clearly enough.” emphasis added
There is serious power in the Cross. Let’s spend some time this weekend getting the fragrance of the Cross all over us.
Q4U: Do you have a particular person that you lead to the Lord you will never forget?