Technology that has brought us to connect and have relationships with people we just met months ago. We now have the ability to literally speak to thousands all across the world and never leave our home. It is a tool we can use in soul winning.
We can ignore technology, or we can embrace it. Learn something new each week. Teach it to your women’s ministry group. Before you know it you will have some pretty creative ways to get the Word out and even connect personally with friends of your friends.
Here are 25 reasons to reconsider Social Media and new technology.
- We don’t stay in touch with most people is because we don’t know their email, which the next generation calls passe.
- You have 15 different ways to contact a family of three.
- More grandmothers are on Facebook than ever before.
- Your grandmother knows how to use photoshop and makes screensavers for her Mac.
- You text the family to tell them your in the driveway waiting on them.
- Every commercial on television has a web site address, a Facebook page and a Twitter account at the bottom of the screen.
- No more 1-800 numbers for businesses. We just download their App.
- Our Bible is on our phone.
- You won’t leave home without your cell phone, your farmville crops might need harvesting.
- Using cash is a hassle, it’s easier to swipe the debit card.
- Starbucks has replaced the front porch.
- Your friend went on vacation and you experienced it with them through the Mobile uploads and status updates.
- Most of your family photos are taken by your phone.
- Most of the jokes you hear are on Facebook, and instead of forwarding you liked and shared.
- You understand terms like wi-fi, network and 3G.
- You have your Facebook notifications pushed to your phone.
- You have asked Google questions
- You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your email and Facebook on your way back to bed.
- You understand shorthand lol *$ idk ikr!
- You secretly want to be part of a flash mob.
- Your phone can tell you how many calories you burned.
- Skype is replacing emails. A youth group chatted with a missionary in Africa via webcam.
- You have counseled someone via chat.
- You church directory is now a Facebook Group
- We don’t have teaching tapes or cd’s for that matter we can now subscribe to their podcast.
Q4U: When was the last time you wrote a letter and mailed it?